Friday, April 8, 2011

Ia Orana!

[Yo-rah-nah] I think I got it! The locals say something to us every time they see us and I've been trying to figure out what it is! So I finally found hello in Tahitian. I'll test it out tomorrow and see. They mix Tahitian and French so it's very confusing! Bye bye is Nana [nah-nah] so happy we won't be saying that for a while yet!

Went to to the main island to rent bikes and find a restaurant for dinner, but we were too late. You rent the bikes from Avis [ha, funny] and they close at 5P, so we'll try again tomorrow!

Worked out again today [yay] and while Dan finished I snuck off and took some more pics! These pics are from the backside of the islet, so beautiful there too...it's all beautiful!!







They have stairs that go all the way down, very isolated, very beautiful!



Also snuck into the chapel, which is at the top also-



On our way back down we saw 'the roosters', same ones that wake us up at 4A every day...and lo and behold as I got closer, I saw tiny babies! She was so proud to show them off!







And the rest of my afternoon I spent like this!



3 comments:

Julie said...

Jealous. Except for the 4am wake-up by the roosters. I have totally done that in Kauai... I could have done without them! At least the babies are cute. :o)

More gorgeous, gorgeous views! Good luck with the bike-renting!

Joye said...

Ia Orana to you, too!!! Wow, Lynne, what a beautiful place! Your pics are great!....especially the last one :)
I'm pretty impressed that you are working out!! (now you can eat more bread :) )
Have fun on your bike ride....i love seeing the islet/island!
xoxox

Unknown said...

so glad you're enjoying yourselves! and really happy that you are experiencing a new exciting place!